Attorney For People Injured Because Of A Surgical Mistake
It is no surprise that great risk accompanies surgery. This stressful situation can get even worse if the procedure is done incorrectly, ending in devastation for the patient. If something goes wrong, you have the right to know why it happened and you deserve compensation for the harm you endured because of the medical professional’s negligence.
At Bart Durham Injury Law, our team of experienced lawyers will help you recover full and fair money damages for your injuries. Our medical malpractice attorneys are equipped to help you during this difficult time.
Strong Representation In A Medical Malpractice Case
Each medical malpractice case is unique and must be examined meticulously. With the help of one of our attorneys at Bart Durham Injury Law, we can show you the three elements necessary in a successful malpractice case:
- Breach of duty. We will prove that the surgeon’s work fell below the standard of care owed to the patient.
- Injury. We will prove that you suffered an injury due to the negligence of the surgeon.
- Damages. We will prove that you sustained a long-lasting, negative outcome from the surgical procedure, physically, psychologically, emotionally and/or financially.
Types Of Surgical Errors
Common surgical errors that our attorneys have experience with that are a result of medical malpractice are:
- Anesthesia errors
- Accidental damage done to surrounding ligaments, tendons, muscles and tissues
- Surgical instruments left inside of patient
- Avoidable infection
- Internal bleeding
- Operating on the wrong patient
- Poor outcome after surgery
Some of the consequences of these surgical errors could result in the loss or use of a limb, permanent disfigurement, brain damage, persistent infections and death.